FAITH AND PRAYER RESTRICTIONS V2
Mark 9: 19 19 “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”
- Jesus dont like unbelief.
- To believe in God is something we have to get right because it offends God when we don’t trust Him.
- Unbelief limits God (Matthew 13: 58)
- Sometimes we have to stand in faith for a season.
- God trains our faith for a season to learn how to trust God for the things we are praying for.
- Confess the words of unbelief you have spoken, cut it off in Jesus' name, and start speaking the Word of God.
HOW IMPORTANT IS YOUR FAITH TO YOU?
- Do you understand that your faith will heal you, save you, and restore you?
- Your faith will set you free. It is our reliance on God to come through for us.
- Don’t have faith in your faith, have faith in God.
- Ask and believe when you engage with Jesus.
- If you don’t expect anything, you won’t get anything.
Genesis 3: 1 – 5 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
- Just like the devil did with Eve, he will come to you with a suggestion to sin or be in unbelief (which is sin).
- Like with Adam and Eve this can cause great destruction in your life. Therefore we have to make up our minds to believe everything that God has to say, knowing it’s only for our good.
Proverbs 4: 23
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
- We make sure to have protection like insurance on all our earthly possessions, yet we slack in guarding our hearts.
- We need to understand the enemy uses our “ ear gates and eye gates” to enter our hearts.
POWER OF AGREEMENT AND ASSOCIATION
- Who we associate with and who our friends do have a big impact on the result we have in our walk of faith, and life.
- Some people will draw you in and pull you down to their level. You’ll then find yourself compromising and being lukewarm.
- The devil knows the power of agreement and association, so we shouldn’t be oblivious to it.
- The devil also wants us to agree with the wrong thoughts that come into our minds.
- Thoughts will come, as Jesus says in Matthew 6: 30, but we should not speak it! Speaking about the negative, and what contradicts the Word of God, means that we come into agreement with those thoughts and we give it life!
- Most of the fruits we have in our life come from the words we speak. Confess and renounce all which you have spoken over your life and the lives of others which doesn’t line up with the Word of God and His heart.
- Staying quiet towards the thought that comes into our minds, and also quiet towards the results in our lives, is to accept it.
- A Lack of faith comes from a lack of knowledge. Many new believers are weak in faith because they only got on the path of knowledge in the Word of God recently. These people must be guided and supported with so much love in Christ.
- Our faith must be tied to the Word of God. That is what keeps it all together.