If you don’t know who you are, you can never become who you’re suppose to be. If you don’t see yourself through God’s eyes and perspective about you, and still have the perception that you were raised with about yourself, you can become limited. God wants you to see yourself like God sees you, as a winner, an overcomer.
James 1:23 23 For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
- We should use the Bible to see what it says about us and our life, and then get everything in line with the Word.
- “The best me” is found in the Bible.
- Don’t be like those who read the Word and forget what it says. Read it, and make it yours. Bring it into your life and accept the identity it says you have. Then live your life accordingly.
1 Thessalonians 5: 23 23 And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
- Remember that you are a spirit, with a soul, in a body.
- As Jesus came to represent the Father, as He reflected the Father, so should we do with our bodies also. By using the body to touch as Jesus touched. By using the body as an instrument to do the things of God through the anointing He gave us.
- In the spirit, we are in the supernatural. But in the natural we here on earth because we of our bodies.
- The flesh needs to be sorted out. It must be brought under submission, while the spirit is in charge.
2 Corinthians 12: 7 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
- Sometimes things happen to us so that we won’t drift away from God.
- Things happen that helps to not become who we’re not suppose to be.
- God can release the things we pray for once we got to the place of “I need You God” and always stay there.
- When I am strong, the need for God is weak in my life. And when we are in that place, and in a place of “I’m doing OK without God”, it’s a place where we really shouldn’t be in.
- Always be aware of how much you need God all the time.
Psalm 34: 18 The LORD is near to the heartbroken
And He saves those who are crushed in spirit (contrite in heart, truly sorry for their sin).
- What is sin? Everything we do without faith.
- God is close to those who know that they need Him and He will always save them.
1 Corinthians 1: 26 26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards,[c] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.
- God makes an example of His power through people who look unworthy to the world.
- God puts more power on those who are rejected by the world, to shame those who think they’re OK without God.
- The more need you have of Him, the stronger He is in your life.
- Therefore my self-image is “in need of God”.