Many times we are not sure if it’s God talking to us, so then we have to go where the peace guides us. Sometimes the Holy Spirit is very quick with His answer, sometimes not. Sometimes its walking and step by step getting peace about the decision or not. It’s not a peace you should try to fake, and get a “worldly peace” like the Bible talk about.
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE WITH GOD:
1 SAMUEL 23: 1 – 4 “When David was told, “Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are looting the threshing floors,” 2 he inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?” The Lord answered him, “Go, attack the Philistines and save Keilah.”3 But David’s men said to him, “Here in Judah we are afraid. How much more, then, if we go to Keilah against the Philistine forces!”4 Once again David inquired of the Lord, and the Lord answered him, “Go down to Keilah, for I am going to give the Philistines into your hand.” 5 So David and his men went to Keilah, fought the Philistines and carried off their livestock. He inflicted heavy losses on the Philistines and saved the people of Keilah. 6 (Now Abiathar son of Ahimelek had brought the ephod down with him when he fled to David at Keilah.)
- Take note of how precise David communicated with God, this is the way we should also respond towards God.
- Understand that God wants to be involved in every area of your life, even when it comes to helping you with parking in the parking lot. To not talk to God about everything is just a big loss in your life.
- Not knowing the voice of the Father, will make us do fun stuff!
GOD ALSO SPEAK THROUGH SIGNS
Matthew 16: 4 “4 A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away .
- God firstly is looking for faith, therefore if you ask for a sign because you slack in your faith, God doesn’t want to give you the sign.
- Some people want to get rid of the “faith part” in our Christian walk.
- Faith is the currency of Heaven
- Trusting God is a very important factor in your relationship with Him
Judges 6: 14 – 17 “ 14 The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”
15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.”
16 The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”
17 Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. 18 Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.”
And the Lord said, “I will wait until you return.”
- Gideon asked God for a sign, but we can clearly see he had insecurities because of the family he comes from and also thinking he is the least in His family.
- He wanted to see a sign to believe God has favored him.
- Eventually, he went into war but God’s plan was to win the war with only 300 soldiers, not 12000. This then made Gideon stretch his faith in God in a way that would not have been needed if he believed God in the first place.
HOW TO FLOW WITH GOD
John 7: 37 – 38 “37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”[
- Get to a place of flowing with God’s voice by understanding that the Holy Spirit will clearly communicate with you in your mind, if only we get to a place where we will stop to try to figure it all out.
- Writing/ to the journal is also a method to get into the flow of whatever the Holy Spirit is leading you to write.
- Write down your dreams, as a means of being open to ALL the ways God wants to speak to you.
- God will use all kinds of situations, always be open to hearing Him in EVERYTHING we find ourselves in.