We have to know what God says about sickness, where it comes from and how to deal with the fight. When we suffer in our body we also suffer in our soul. It is undeniable that there is great importance to take care of ourselves. Some people end up with sickness and healthy issues due to a lack of knowledge. We need faith when we battle with health and healing.
FAITH AND PERMANENT HEALING
Mark 5: 22 – 23 22 Then one of the synagogue leaders, named Jairus, came, and when he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet. 23 He pleaded earnestly with him, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.” 24 So Jesus went with him.
- Just like this man we need to make our mind up knowing that when we ask Jesus for help, He will help.
Mark 5: 25 – 29 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
- This woman also made up her mind believing that Jesus is the only absolute One to heal her, even by just touching His cloak.
- Jesus makes it clear that her faith has restored her health, and she is permanently healed.
- The reason Jesus says “ permanently healed” is because a person can lose their healing .
- Do you have the faith to keep your healing?
- It is Jesus’ heart for us to have permanent healing
- Jesus is drawn by our faith
Mark 5: 36
Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
- Don’t lose your faith in Him!
- If Jesus said He will come through for you, believe that He will!
ATMOSPHERE IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE
In Mark 5 we read that the people laughed at Jesus when He said the child isn’t dead, but asleep.
- Jesus knew the atmosphere was wrong and knew if those people had to enter the room to heal the child, their unbelief will enter the room also, and there for told them not to go in with Him.
- What people believe, will create the atmosphere, and it is our responsibility to fight against the negative talk that comes from unbelievers mouths.
- For as long as we leave the negative talk, the unbelieving comments to be alive in the spirit it will create difficulty. Cut off all negative words and speak life and release faith!
James 5: 14 – 16 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- Repentance of sins is also an important thing to do when praying for healing.
- Many place their faith in the oil and will not pray for others without the use of oil. This is a problem because the Healer isn’t limited by the availability of oil at the moment which the healing is needed.
- Putting our hands on the sick will help them recover.
- Believe that an extreme force takes place when you as a righteous person prays
- Persistence means to continue firmly despite opposition and resistance.
We must get rid of the setting we have in our mind of “it might happen, it might not” and get to a place where we believe with all our heart that it is Jesus’ heart to restore our health and grant us permanent healing and confess nothing less and accept nothing less, by faith.